The cake is dense and moist. I can't really taste the pumpkin, instead it taste more like a carrot cake.
Pumpkin butter cake
*makes a 8” round cake
(recipe source: Wendy (Table for2 or more) with minor changes)
180gm sugar ( I reduce from original recipe 200g)
200gm butter
1/4tsp Vanilla essence
5 large eggs
300gm cake flour sifted together with 1 tsp double action baking powder (I changed to double action bp)
200gm soft steamed pumpkin flesh (use a fork to mash it)
Handful almond slices
1. Beat butter, sugar and vanilla until light and creamy.
2. Add in eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
3. Add in half of sifted flour, on low speed then beat until well combined.
4. Put in pumpkin, combine well.
5. Put in remaining flour and beat until just combined.
6. Pour batter into lined 8” round baking pan and sprinkle with almond slices.
7. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180c for 50 minutes or until done when tested with a skewer.