Friday, November 11, 2011

BLACK SESAME ICE CREAM

Black Sesame Ice Cream

During my "maidless" venture, I did the coconut ice cream, which turns out to be very good. So now, I use the same recipe for my Black Sesame ice cream, with some modifications.

Sequence of making the mixture.

Mixed them up thoroughly.

Pour them into a container and freeze it.

This is how creamy & beautiful the ice cream turns out to be!

Original recipe extracted from Yochana's blog.
This is my modified version.

Ingredients:
3 egg yolks
100g Sugar
45g Blended Black Sesame (toast before blending)
70g Coconut milk (I use KARA coconut cream)
180g Full cream milk
250g Whipping cream

Method:

(1) Whisk egg yolks and sugar till white and creamy.
(2) Double boil the egg yolk mixture and stir constantly. Pour in black sesame, coconut milk, full cream milk and continue stirring until mixture is hot but not boiling.
(3) Remove the milk mixture from heat and set aside to cool.
(4) Whisk whipping cream till fluffy and fold in the cooled milk mixture.
(5) Pour into container and freeze overnight or until firm.

[Afternote: The ice-cream is really nice, very creamy. But a little too much coconut milk. I wanted it to be creamy, but not so much coconut taste. I think can reduce the coconut milk to 30g, and upped the Full cream milk to 220g should be good enough.]