Thursday, July 5, 2012

Crispy Chicken Nugget

Homemade Crispy Chicken Nuggets:
自製香脆雞肉塊:



On the same week that I made the prawn scotch eggs, I saw 蓝色小厨 posted her homemade chicken nuggets. Without any hesitation, I quickly marked down her recipe and decided a give it a go in the future.

蓝色小厨’s version of chicken nuggets can be found here.
Crispy Chicken Nuggets:
自製香脆雞肉塊:
Ingredients:
Make about 30 pieces

(A)
1 Brown Onion, chopped 
1 Red Shallot, chopped
1 tbsp Carrot, diced
1 tbsp Corn
2 cloves Garlic, chopped
1-2 tbsp Water

(B)
600g Chicken Mince
1/2 tbsp Oil
2 tbsp Egg, beaten
2 tbsp Spring Onion, chopped
2 tbsp Corn Starch
1 1/2 tsp Salt
2 tsp Knorr Chicken Powder
Little bit of Ground White Pepper

(C)
1 cup Plain Flour
2-3 Eggs, beaten
2 cups Breadcrumbs(use Japanese or Korean brand)
                                              
How to make:

1. Blend ingredients (A). If you don’t have a blender, just chop the ingredients (A), except water into fine pieces.
2. Place ingredients (B) in a big bowl, add in ingredients (A) and mix them well with your hand.
3. Cover the bowl with glad wrap and refrigerate for at least 45 minutes.
4. Take the marinated chicken mince out of the fridge. Start to shape them into a round ball(don’t worry if you can’t get a proper round shape at this stage because after it is coated with flour, the shaping process will become easier).
5. For coating process, place the chicken mince balls in flour first, then beaten eggs, followed by breadcrumbs.
6. Place the coated chicken mince balls on a clean flat surface. Shape the chicken mince balls into a rectangle.
7. Deep fry the chicken nuggets till golden brown colour. Drain on paper towel.

Note:
For breadcrumbs coating, I started with 1 cup till they become very lumpy, then I replace with a 2nd cup of breadcrumbs